Monday, November 13, 2017

Day 8 Twelve Tags of Christmas with Loll & Friends!

Oh my, already Day 8 for Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas Event!

Loll has the cutest tweety birds tag today!

Loll is joined by Julia (Create with Me) as her Guest Designer !  Julia is sharing her Amazing Mixed Media Tag with photos and descriptions of each layered creation:-)


Here is my 8th Christmas tag using a new technique to me...No-Line Watercoloring!


I was inspired by Loll's Day 5 No-Line Beauty!


Thank you again my friend for all your inspiration and your awesome 2017 Tag Event!

I placed my CUTplorations Luggage Tag (large) die cut using Arches Hot Press paper, into MISTI.
Then placed my Penny Black "Berry Kissed" stamp on my tag and on my MISTI.
Stamped with Distress Ink "Tea Dye" so I could see the details of the stamp on my Hot Press Paper.

Then the fun began.  I adding my Distress Inks onto my craft mat and used my aqua painter to color the image using one color at a time.  I used: Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Salty Ocean.  I kept adding ink layers until happy with the results.

Next I used a SU Watercolor pencil...dark brown to add veins to my leaves.

Next I die cut my Poppystamps "Old Fashion Merry Christmas" die.  Die cutting  with White CS and Black CS.  Attaching layers and die cut sentiment to tag using Fine Tip Glue Pen and weighting down with acrylic block.

One last step..adding the satin SU Pear Pizzazz retired ribbon.  I am really pleased with the results.  I should have added one more step.  I should have used my aqua painte to spread the Tea Dye stamped layer.  It is a little splotchy,  but does add texture.

The Guidelines for the challenge are that it must be a mixed media Christmas Tag (any style/any size), which includes stamping, plus at least two mixed media elements (techniques or products)

There will be samples by Loll and her Guest Designer until the 17th, but you have until the 24th to link your tags to the challenge;-)  It is so fun and great to get tags done ahead of the holidays!

Happy Holidays my friends.  Hugs

Adding to STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes!





Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Berry Kissed
Paper: Arches 140# Hot Press. SU Basic Black
Inks: Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon, Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Salty Ocean.  
Accessories: CUTplorations Luggage Tag (large) Die.  Poppystamps Old Fashion Merry Christmas Die. SU ribbon retired and Fine Tip glue Pen. MISTI..I did all my watercoloring with my tag in MISTI. Aqua Painter.



13 comments:

  1. This might be my favourite of your tags so far, Nancy! I love that stamp and you've coloured it perfectly! Also love that sentiment die - a really nice size. So I'm off to investigate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. I am pleased with my no-line tag. Just starting to play with the technique because of Loll's recent cards and tags. She inspires us...always!

      I like the size of the die cut sentiment. The Merry is perfect size alone with a stamped smaller sized Christmas too. Hugs

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, this is outstanding! I've done no line coloring but failed with the no line watercoloring. Yours is impeccable! You have achieved some beautiful shading in this. Amazing work for your first attempt at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercoloured tag is truly amazing, my friend! Great job with this new-to-you technique. You've mastered it from the start!! Lovely details with your die-cut merry christmas and satin ribbon topper. Thanks for joining my tag event! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worked so well because of you my friend:-) TFS your technique. I had so much fun and now can't wait to try more no-line stamping:-) Hugs

      Delete
  5. Nancy, I love that stamp especially with your crisp clean colours. Great CASE of Lolls tag
    BTW, I'm loving you tag die :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful no-line watercolor, Nancy! The pencil was just right for adding the veins on the leaves. I must remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out absolutely beautiful, Nancy! I hope you love it as much as I do. You did an amazing job with your no-line coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beautiful tag with your no line watercoloring Nancy - I really need to try that out - your certainly had great success with this technique! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! So life like and you have really mastered this no line water colouring technique. One special tag x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Nancy! Your 'no line watercolouring' is so much better than mine (mine always looks like the dogs dinner), I suppose I need to practice more! Sorry I'm so behind with my commenting (too many irons in the fire). Have a great weekend! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of color layering details in this beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy