Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 3 Twelve Tag Days with Loll & Friends!

Another Tag for Loll's Fabulous Christmas Tag Event!



Here is my CAS "Deck the Halls" Tag!


 

I used Shirley's (shirley-bee's stamping stuff) new "Layered Holly" Stamp Set.

I placed my die cut CUTplorations Luggage Tag (size large) in my MISTI.  Then placed the solid holly leaves stamps on my tag.  Stamped the solid leaves after coloring with SU Cucumber Crush marker.  Then placed lined leaves in MISTI and stamped with Archival Black ink over solid stamped leaves.  The lined stamps are designed to stamp off the solid stamps. I like that Trendy look!

Next stamped the berries on scrap of SU Thick Whisper White CS.  Stamping solid berries with SU Real Red marker and then stamping over with lined stamp using black ink. Fussy cut and popped up berries over holly leaves using dimensionals.

I used my MISTI again to place and stamp my sentiment.  Glued a piece of retired striped DSP onto bottom of tag and trimmed around the tag.

I Love how my Christmas tag turned out.  I may be making duplicates of this design:-)

Hope you get to play along with Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas Challenge too! There will be samples by Loll and GD until the 17th but you can link your tags until the 24th:-)

Adding also to STAMPlorations Never-Ending Anything Goes.


Supplies:
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Layered Holly"..holly and sentiment.
Paper: SU Thick Whisper White CS for Tag Base and berries. SU retired Christmas paper.
Inks: SU Cucumber Crush and Real Red markers.  Archival Jet black for lined stamps and sentiment.
Accessories: CUTplorations Luggage Tag Die (lg). MISTI. SU papersnips and retired real red satin ribbon and white twine.

15 comments:

  1. Your card looks fabulously CAS, great modern stamps and I can see why you would want to make more of these x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I love the fresh look with a white background and traditional red and green Christmas colours. That layered holly stamp is so fun!! Thanks for joining my tag event, Nancy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loll, I am having so much fun designing tags after being so inspired by your 12 days tag event:-) Hugs sweet friend!

      Delete
  3. I love how you've used the smaller die to emboss the background and the candy cane stripes add an extra air of festivity to this sweet tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually when you die cut any of the 3 tag sizes you get the embossed edge..cool. huh?!? My favorite tag die:-) Thanks for your comment my friend. Hugs

      Delete
  4. Love that two-part holly stamp - perfect with the candy cane stripes at the bottom. The whole tag has a real retro trendy look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you are going to have us all scrambling for that stamp! I've seen you use that before and love the look of the outline stamped off the solid stamp- WAY cool. The subtle embossing of the tag adds such interest and love the striped paper making this so festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this stamp set, Nancy. A few days ago I made 10 Christmas cards using my MISTI and this set..CASE'ing one of my cards that you will later this month in my blog:-) Have you checked out the STAMPlorations Blog Hop using Shirley's 3 Layered Stamp sets? Today it was the leaves set..Wow..what gorgeous inspiration:-) Hugs

      Delete
  6. This is such a cool CAS holiday tag, Nancy! I love that you used the striped DSP. It's a great accent for the tag. TFS, my friend. Hugs.. Hideko

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the simplicity of the tag and love that stamp set:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super sweet tag mf..love those new stamps.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, this might be my favorite so far! Bright and crisp and all the fun of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the crispness and vibrant colors of this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this holly from Shirley's new set - a great festive tag Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely bright, eye-catching and CAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy