Thursday, December 1, 2016

CAS Mix Up December Sponging

The CAS Mix Up December Challenge...Stamping + Sponging + Your Choice will be great to use on your last Christmas Cards or any other occasion.



Here is my Christmas Card using Stamping + Sponging + My Choice of Die Cuts and Alcohol Inks Background.



I started my main image by using a piece of a Smooshed Alcohol Ink background using Loll's Tutorial on Smooshing Inks.  I thought it made a pretty Wintery Sky.  I used Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks: Sailboat Blue and Juniper.

I used CUTplorations smallest "Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies" to die cut the frame on the main image and largest Die on the card front.

I sponged a piece of Arches Mixed Media paper with Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn and die cut with Sizzix Tree Line Die.  I then attached to my AI die cut background using SU Fine Tip Glue Pen.  Then splattered diluted white acrylic paint using a paint brush.

Stamped my SU Christmas Greetings (ret) sentiment using Archival Jet Black ink. Attached my main image with foam tape and done with another Christmas card for my stash:-)

There are so many gorgeous CAS samples for your Inspiration from the Design Team and our Guest Designer for the month...the very talented Maura aka "Beesmom" from Splitcoaststampers.com.

Hope you get to join us with your Clean and Simple Mixed Media card this month.  Happy Holidays..Hugs


16 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love these bright and vibrant colours. Your AI background is gorgeous and looks so pretty paired with your sponged trees. The splatters add just the perfect finishing touch. Beautiful card Nancy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Nancy! Love the splattered snow against the trees and beautiful sky! A perfect simple winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the cool card! This joyful and colorful. I love alcohol ink background on which so beautifully presented Aug. tree Tim Holtz. Wow, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Nancy! Your sponged trees look so pretty against your beautiful sky...Love the color palette, too! I think this would be a great card to mass produce...thanks so much for your inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Nancy! I love the blue/green - the swirl on the sky and splatter on the trees! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! These cool colours are perfect, as for your watercolour smooshing, it truly gives that wintery feeling. Those snow splatters also give it that snow fall finish. Love it, good job! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo-o-o, love the swirls in the AI background. And your choice of a tree die cut was perfect with its not-too-sharp outlines in keeping with the loose form of the sky. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, wintry scene, Nancy! Love that AI background! You do them so well! And the row of sponged trees is beautiful against the snowy sky! A wonderful mixed media card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful scene, love the AI sky and the beautiful trees

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Nancy, I love the ethereal look of your scene - it's very magical!! And don't you love the look you get with that splattered white acrylic paint - LOVE it! Thanks for the honor of having me as a GC this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow-- had to come leave a comment to say how much i love everything about this! Excellent holiday card, and could easily be modified for different times of the year... great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the vibrant colours, your inky sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful...that die is on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Nancy, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A real WOW card Nancy, you have such a skill with the alcohol inks, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy