Wednesday, November 2, 2016

CAS Watercolour November Challenge: Text



I am so excited to announce that I am on Loll and Bonnie's new CAS Watercolour Card Challenge  Design Team along with the other new Design Team Members...Susan, Karen and Harriet. Congratulations girls.  We are going to have so much fun playing together :-)



Be sure and visit the CAS Watercolour Card November Challenge link  to check out all the team members beautiful and creative "Text" cards and visit their blogs to leave them some love:-)

The challenge for November is Clean and Simple Watercolouring and "Text" (other than a sentiment).



I knew I wanted to color with my Zig markers one of the flower images from the STAMPlorations "Color Blooms" coloring book because many of the pages already have "Text" among the flowers.  After coloring the images I trimmed my piece to 3" x 3",  splattered with black diluted acrylic paint and drew a faux sewing frame.  The magic really happened after I attached my piece to a scrap of mixed media paper and covered the piece with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I LOVE how it brightened the flowers and added shine to the entire main image.

I finished my card by using my MISTI to stamp my sentiment to a die cut card front of SU Whisper White Thick CS.  Then I Popped up my image using foam tape.  Added rhinestones for a bit of bling and Done!

My card is also for STAMPlorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge.



The new CAS Watercolour November Challenge ends on November 24th so you have plenty of time to play along.  I can't wait to see your beautiful CAS Watercolour Text creations.  Happy Stamping,..


Card Recipe
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Trendy Butterflies" (sentiments)
Paper: SU Whisper White Thick, Mixed Media scrap and STAMPlorations "Color Blooms" coloring book paper.
Ink: Archival Jet Black ink, Versamark
Accessories: Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers, Black acrylic paint, paint brush, Staedler black pen, SU Clear EB powder, heat tool, and rhinestones, CUTplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, Foam Tape
Techniques: CAS, Watercolouring with markers, Marker layering, splatters, faux stitching, heat eb, die cut


13 comments:

  1. This is a lovely idea to use a coloring book page and the coating of clear embossing powder looks great on it Nancy. The stitched rectangle with that crazy double stitched line complements it so prettily. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you coated the entire panel with versamark and clear embossing powder! Wonderful colouring of the flowers - great vibrant colours that are perfect for autumn.

    I'm really going to enjoy being on a second Design Team with you, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card Nancy. Love those bright and beautiful flowers ... and the clear heat embossing really makes the colours pop even more. So excited to have you on the CAS Watercolour team!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lively and fun card. Maybe more people would read if the pages looked this beautiful. Love the way the clear heat embossing makes colors really POP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Nancy. The flowers are so eye-catching. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Nancy! I am thrilled to be alongside you on this team! Hugs, Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, I LOVE that image! Your blossoms are so vibrant and love the script background! That sentiment is so perfect with this! What a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is so bright and beautiful, Nancy! Great idea to add the VersaMark and clear embossing to make this design really pop! Awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how beautiful you have created this lovely card using that great stamp...well done mf.
    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card, love the summery colours, especially as we are heading into winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, congrats on your new team assignment! This is right up your alley. You made a beautiful first contribution, too. I love the effect of the coated panel. Have fun, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is wonderful! I hope I find time to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bold blooms are beautiful with the text background Nancy - congrats on being on the team - love your card! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy