Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Amazing Monoprint Happy Flowers


Recently Denny and I were trailer camping for a couple of weeks and I took a few stamping supplies. I precut card fronts and ATC cards to practice and play with my Zig watercolor markers and Brushos. I used my Zigs to Monoprint Stencil my ARTplorations "Happy Flowers" stencil onto Arches 140# Cold Press paper.  I used my 3M Post-It-Note Tape to tape down my W/C paper onto my craft mat.   I then scribbled Zig markers (a yellow, orange and red) over the front side of my stencil...spritzed with water..then carefully turned over my inked stencil and laid onto my W/C paper using a paper towel on top to rub the stencil to distribute the Zig watercolors.  I removed the stencil carefully and let my piece dry.  I replaced my stencil and used my Micron 05 pen to trace my flowers.

That was my piece I started with today.  I did use my aqua painter to spread the ink around more and went over the flowers again with my pen.  Used my MISTI to repeat stamp my sentiments for good ink coverage.  I used my Archival Black Ink.  Works best on textured Cold Press paper.

I added a layer of SU Basic Black CS behind my main image so it would pop even more.  Monoprint Stenciling is one of my very favorite techniques.  You can get the coolest results.  I love how my card turned out...hope you do too!

Here is my favorite  SCS "Stencil Monoprint" Tutorial by Lee-Anne 

I made my card because my good friend Karen D is hosting this weeks SCS TLC588 Challenge: Stencil Monoprint

Also this weeks SCS CAS379 May Flowers hosted by Tammie E works for my card.

More Challenges :-)






Card Recipe
Stamps: STAMPlorations "Bold Sentiments": Hashtag Authentic
Paper:  SU Basic Black and Whisper White Thick.  Arches 140# Cold Press
Inks:  Archival Black, Zig Clean Color Real Brush watercolor markers, Micron 05 pen
Accessories: Craft mat, Artplorations "Happy Flowers" stencil, 3M post-it-note tape, paper towel, spritzer, dimensionals, aqua painter, MISTI
Techniques: CAS, Stencil Monoprinting, pen tracing, repeat stamping with MISTI

Thank you for Looking and especially for Commenting.  Thank you Karen, Lee-Anne and Tammie for all your Inspiration this week :-) A big thanks to you Shery for your awesome STAMPlorations stamp and stencil designs !



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Nancy! Orange is one of my favorite colors so of course I had to take a look at your card as soon as I saw it in the gallery ;o) Stencil monoprinting is one of my favorite techniques. So happy to see your card in the STAMP galleries! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... this turned out amazing Nancy! Love the colours you've used. Had never thought of using my zigs for this technique. The outline really makes your flowers pop. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so beautiful mf...I just ordered that stencil and can't wait for it to get here.
    Enjoy your day in the sun.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful background, Nancy! I love how outlining the flowers really makes then pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done, Nancy! Love the colors! Happy Flowers is one of my all-time faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely, Nancy - great colours and great outlining around the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stencil monoprinting and love that you did them with Zigs! I admire your steady hand, tracing round the stencil. Not sure I could do that! This does look wonderful, Nancy! Thanks for sharing and describing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous warm orange and love the use of stencil. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations May challenge, hope to see you in June also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! I knew it- Shery would love this one! :) :)
    Lovely background there and stunning use of stencil! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great technique. It has a nice, loose feel to it.When I first saw it, I wondered how you managed to control the placement of the orange "watercolor"--now I know. I would never have figured that out on my own. Thanks for sharing your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, what a fabulous technique, and your card is gorgeous! I love the colors and how you've outlined inside the stencil! Beautifully done, and how fun that you could do this while vacationing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your much appreciated comments! Hugs....Nancy